You’re probably looking at the title and wondering what this blog post might be about, but don’t worry, you don't have to marry us! We just wanted to put together a few tips and tricks for picking a brisbane videographer and then hiring them into the future:
- Look at various production company’s work, find some you like, and meet up with their lead producer and/or director. This allows you to make a final choice based on both the quality and style of work as well as the personality of the people you will be working closely with. At Caldwell Entertainment, we provide this initial consultation free of any charge.
- Give them at least a rough idea of what you’re wanting to achieve. Are there links to work that you like you can send through? This is often the best way of communicating your wants. If there aren’t any links you can find, just try explaining end goals, like how long you want the video, where it’s going, and what type of shots you’d like achieved.
- Give enough notice. This is a big one, production crews often need time to organise components of the shoot, think about the location(s) and requirements of the shoot, run camera tests and other processes to make sure you’re getting the best result possible. If you try to book in the morning for a shoot in the afternoon of the same day, you are really taking a risk - both in terms of availability of a production crew and in anyone’s preparedness for shooting.
- Have one point of contact. Usually, in most production crews there will be a producer and/or director present, often for smaller shoots there is one person taking on both these roles. Make sure any directions or communications are going to or at least through that person. If you try to talk to individual camera operators, they may get flustered through having potentially conflicting instructions and this will lessen the end product. On Caldwell Entertainment projects, our client’s point of contact is usually our managing director, Steven Caldwell.
- Understand their terms and if those terms will suit you. Many production companies have strict terms when it comes to number of changes, time they will spend on projects and other areas. At CE, we are happy to work until our client is happy, obviously within reason, hence our satisfaction rating of 97% - measured by referrals and returns, not just on clients saying they are happy. If a client wants us to edit with them, we’re happy to do that and if a client wants two sets of changes, we’re happy to accommodate that. We look after our clients and it’s important you find a production company that shares your values too.
For more information on choosing the right production company, or to save time and just go with us, call Caldwell Entertainment today!
Caldwell Entertainment is a creative and innovative video production company brisbane and Gold Coast, specialising in corporate and entertainment videos. With a range of packages, starting from just $490, especially designed for small to medium businesses and entertainment artists, we have the solutions and experience to ensure you have success generating video content no matter what type of video you go with. Whatever your questions, we have the answers, so feel free to get in touch. We love sharing our passion and helping others through video!